Vineyard Labourer Bible College
Health and Hygiene - 1d
Sample Only - not all links will work.
1. The Word of God says we can have good health.
- 3 John 2. John wishes that Gaius be in good health.
- Exo. 23:25. God will take all sickness away from His people.
- Psa. 103:3. The Lord healeth all their diseases.
2. There are conditions for freedom from disease.
- Exo. 15:26. Harken to the Lord, and obey.
- Deut. 7:12-15. Faithful followers will have their diseases taken away.
3. Healing the sick was a large part of Christ’s ministry.
- Acts 10:38. He healed all that were oppressed of the devil.
- Matt. 4:23, 24. He healed all manner of sickness, and diseases.
- Mark 1:34. He healed divers sicknesses and cast out devils.
4. There are reasons why we should take care of our health.
- 1 Cor. 6:20. We are bought with a price.
- 1 Cor. 6:19. Our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit.
- 1 Cor 3:17. God will destroy those who defile this temple.
5. Daniel would not defile his body.
- Dan. 1:8. Daniel would not eat the king’s meat.
- Dan. 1:12. He asked for pulse to eat and water to drink.
- Dan. 1:15. Eating pulse and water made Daniel and his friends fairer and fatter in just 10 days.
6. The Lord restricts our diet because we are special to Him.
- Deut. 14:2, 3. Hebrews were a holy, peculiar people to God.
- 1 Peter 2:9. Royal priesthood, holy nation, and a peculiar people.
- Rom. 12:1. Our bodies are to be living sacrifices unto God.
- 1 Cor. 10:31. What we eat and drink should be to the glory of God.
7. Our attitude affects our health.
- Prov. 17:22. A merry heart is like a good medicine.
- C.H. page 28. The mind and the body affect each other.
- M.H. page 241. The imagination can produce and greatly aggravate disease.
Questions of the Lesson
- Is it possible to have good health?
- What are the conditions God has given for good health?
- What was a large part of Christ’s ministry?
- Was any disease too hard for Christ to heal?
- Give three reasons why we should care for our health.
- Who was an Old Testament prophet who cared for his health?
- How long did it take to see the difference between those who ate the king’s food and those who did not?
- Why does the Lord restrict our diet? Give two reasons.
- Did this just apply to the Hebrews, or does it still apply to us today?
- What does the Bible tell us is like a good medicine?
- How do the body and the mind affect each other?
- 3 John 2.
- M.H. page 241. "Courage, hope, faith, sympathy, love, promote health and prolong life. A contented mind, a cheerful spirit, is health to the body and strength to the soul."
- Who is the author of sickness? P.P. page 378.
- Are some diseases inherited? T.1. page 487.
- If we break the laws of health, how many generations of our descendants can be affected? Exo. 34:7.
- What effect do drugs have on the body? C.D. page 82; C.H. page 89, 90; H.L. page 185.
- What is necessary to have good health? C.D. page 91.
- How do we get good blood? M.H. page 272 - 274.
© S. D. Goeldner, November, 2011. Last updated Aril, 2019.
Mobile, tablet, laptop, desktop, etc. friendly webpage design. Powered by w3.css